- From the back row of the stalls: Hans Keller and film music
- My 1355 days at the Pendlebury Library
- Scott Joplin at the UL and the Pendlebury
- Favourite music related reads at the UL
- Cambridge Professors of Music: Maurice Greene
- Concerts, tea, and Postman Pat
- Musical mutts
- Darts, ruins, and a cimbalom
- Anderson Room anniversaries Arthur Bliss At the event audio-visual materials Black Bear Inn book moves Bygone concert venues C16 music C18 music C19 music C20 composers C21 composers Cambridge collectors Cambridge Colleges Cambridge composers Cambridge University Library CDs collection development College Libraries Composers' archives concert programmes concert venues Copyright Crystal Palace Deryck Cooke Deryck Cooke Archive donations Doreen Carwithen DVDs e-resources ebooks exhibitions Faculty of Music film music film scoring First world war Gustav Mahler Hans Keller Letters librarianship Marion Scott medieval music Meet... music musical life in Cambridge Music at CUL music at the UL Music collectors Music Department Musicians' archives music librarians music literature music manuscripts music pilot Music publishing opera outreach Pendlebury Library Pendlebury Library of Music popular music rare books recent acquisitions Richard Pendlebury sheet music songs St James's Hall stock management To celebrate to commemorate user surveys Victorian sheet music Victorian songs William Alwyn William Alwyn Archive work experience
Tag Archives: Faculty of Music
Last month, I attended an afternoon of presentations by some of our graduate PhD students in the Faculty of Music. Working in the Pendlebury Library, we often see these students in and around the Faculty, but don’t often get the … Continue reading
Now that we are well into the swing of Lent Term, I thought for this week’s post I would do a quick update on what’s new at the Pendlebury Library!
On Wednesday 9th December 2015, the British Composer Awards 2015 took place at the BFI Southbank, in a ceremony celebrating the art of contemporary music composition. Here at the Faculty of Music, University of Cambridge, we were delighted to see … Continue reading
We’re well through the first term here at the Pendlebury Library of Music, so now might be a good moment to catch up on some of the new things around. There have been changes to both room use and services, … Continue reading
The Music Faculty welcomes Anna Jenkin, who has taken up the newly-created post (September 2015) of Outreach Co-ordinator for the Faculty of Architecture & History of Art and the Faculty of Music at the University of Cambridge. This is the … Continue reading
What do lost ballets, trans-medial machines, sonic aspects of childbirth and an Argyll piper have in common? Answer: They all feature in current PhD research topics at the Faculty of Music, University of Cambridge.