• MS.Gerhard.21 – Portraits, and early family pictures. All the early family pictures are by professional photographers. There are very few professional “studio” portraits of Roberto, though this setion does include a wonderful sequence of 17 images of Roberto and Poldi at home in their Barcelona apartment in 1933. Two of the best “studio” sessions were with his close friend Dr Sydney Smith, the zoologist and Darwin specialist, in 1946 and 1954. The most imaginative portrait photos are those by Erich Auerbach, some of which are published.
• MS.Gerhard.22 – Roberto in his electronic studio, which he humerously called the “Home Office”. There are three sequences, and no photographer is identified, though one sequence is almost certainly by Poldi’s brother, Franz Feichtegger.
• MS.Gerhard.23 – The main chronological sequence, from 1916 onwards, including a few professional images, but mostly amateur snaps by Poldi and Roberto.
• MS.Gerhard.24 – A miscellany of holiday and other snaps – all undated but from the 1920’s and 30’s.
• MS.Gerhard 25 – Photos of Poldi and family photos (mostly of Poldi’s family); including Poldi’s photograph from after Roberto’s death in 1970.
• MS.Gerhard.27 – Photographs of identified places, but with no indication of why or when they were taken.
• MS.Gerhard.28 – Published picture postcards.
• MS.Gerhard.29 – Photograph album, with pictures from the mid 1920’s to the mid 1930’s, probably in chronological order. Mostly of holiday snaps, and of friends and family.
Copyright notice: Most of the above photographs are deemed to have been taken by either Roberto or Poldi Gerhard, or Dr Sydney Smith. We are grateful to Dr. Rosemary Summers for approving the use of these photos – in low resolution – for this blog. If you want to use them you will need to obtain permission from Dr. Summers (you can email us, and we will forward your request). If you can identify the photographer of any of the other photos, or indeed believe that you are the copyright holder, please contact us, and we will be happy to either remove the photograph immediately or add your name as the copyright holder here.